5 Reasons Why Breakfast is important
Did you know skipping breakfast can have adverse effects on your health? It seriously can!
From causing erratic mood swings to increasing the risk of heart related diseases, negating the day’s most important meal from your daily routine can land your health in great danger. In the stress of everyday life, making food and most importantly breakfast your second priority is but natural.
About 18 percent males and 13 percent of females between the ages of 35 and 54 are breakfast skippers, according to a 2011 study by the market research company NPD Group. That is a staggering number of people kick starting their day on an empty stomach.
Despite knowing the side effects of skipping breakfast, most of us easily get caught in the trap of doing without. But it can prove to be perilous for your overall health and body in the long run.
So, if you wish to maintain a healthy work-life balance, try not to skip breakfast.
Here are few important lessons on why you should never go empty stomach in the morning:
1. Breakfast provides the right amount of energy required for all your morning related activities and help avoid that mid-morning slump.
2. Hunger sets in long before the lunch hour. Eating a good breakfast will prevent you from reaching out for that bag of unhealthy chips or cookies and in turn maintain a healthy body weight.
3. Without eating a healthy breakfast your body misses out on its daily dose of vitamins, fibre and other important nutrients. A small bowl of fruits or oats is good enough to replenish your nutrient bank.
4. Good breakfast helps boost brain power. You cannot think on an empty stomach and so a hearty meal of breakfast will keep your brain productive and active throughout the day.
5. Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast have better concentration and memory performance than those who don’t. After fasting overnight, breakfast ensures that our brain and body both are ready for the grind of the day.
So ‘break’ your ‘fast’ with healthy options of low cal meals and stay active the morning after morning.