And the award goes to…
It’s awards season in Bollywood. We know the drill, but we decided to focus on few new categories we’d like to introduce in order to add some fun to the usual and the boring categories that are there in every award show.
1. Actor who should retire from movies… forever: Imran Khan in all his films
If after a hiatus of almost 2 years he had to make a movie like Katti Batti, it’s time he realised his movie career is practically over.
2. Most creative expressions by an actor in a negative role: Karan Johar in Bombay Velvet
Anushka Sharma took all the flak for her Donald Duck lips, but nothing can beat a villain with a perfect lady like pout.
3. Most bizarre dressing sense: Ranveer Singh in all his public appearances
Kudos to him, for making red carpet appearances in clothes we would otherwise want to use for making drapes and sofa covers out of.
4. Best comeback/best re-launch: Ranbir Kapoor in Tamasha
What a Tamasha his Bollywood career had become post disasters like Roy, Bombay Velvet, Besharam and Katrina Kaif. Thankfully, he seems to be getting back on track. But for how long, only time will tell.
5. Most hungry for publicity actor: Aamir Khan for his ‘intolerance’ remark
It did more harm to him than good. So, like SRK, will he also go ahead and publically apologize before the release of his next movie? A question only Dangal’s PR team can answer.
6.Most upsetting no-show: Hero
Despite Salman Khan pulling all the strings to make the launch vehicle of Bollywood star kids Athiya and Sooraj a hit, the movie tanked at the box office.
7. The coolest (read thanda) comeback: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Did anyone even bother to see Jazbaa?
8. Best cameo in a fleeting role: Shandar in movie halls
An all noise and no show movie, Shandar can easily be called the biggest disaster of the year.
9. Best visual effects: Kajol in Dilwale
When a fairer and slimmer looking Kajol made an appearance in Dilwale, she proved ‘what your doctor can’t fix, your VFX guy can’ and that too without a fail!
10. The movie with most balls: Hate Story 3
The lesser said about this one, the better.