These Artists Painted A Sad Reality Of Modern Life Which Will Make Us Question Our Lifestyle
Art immitates life. This is how we have been explained the importance and existence of art among us. Some times it projects the reality at it is and the other times, it critiques. These artist have created some simple thought-provoking pictures which are a statement on modern life. A perfect mirror in which anyone can look and get a reflection saying something about the absurdity of their lifestyle.
1. Modern day toys and how they are a representation of class difference or one can interpret the picture as microcosm of modern day class difference which hits a being right from the childhood and their toys change accordingly.
2. Aren’t we all influenced by what brands our favourite athelets endorse. The absurdity of utter commercialisation is clearly seen on each and every patch of their uniforms covered with logos. The best example will be uniforms of our cricketers as well.
3. Wondering how religion is connected with poverty and hunger? Remember your sociology classes where we were taught how Varna system left Shudra’s to starve and Christains (early period of colonization) took the opportunity to convert them promising food, jobs, and social status. The monopoly of religion strikes the weakest.
4. The increasing unrest due to terrorism is to blamed on Xenophobia (prejudice against people from other countries) and racism. The collective and blinded madness has lead to the mass hysteria which propogates hate against muslims, african Americans, and many other sections.
5. We all know how the popular media has been exploitating sexuality to sell themselves. A very well sketched representation of sexual objectification of women.
6. This picture is an apt representation of how technology is taking over. The obsession with mobile phones and staying active on virtual platforms is taking away our ability and apetite to enjoy the real life beauty. This one, indeed, inspires sadness in our hearts.
7. Homophobia is one of the greatest examples of human rights exploitation. How we are using sexual dominance to keep a whole society on the margins and executing them for nothing. Wondering what Teletubbies’ Tinky Winky is doing in the picture? He was believed to be a homosexual among his brothers wearing purple (gay pride’s colour) and a triangle in the anteena (symbol of gay pride).
8. The irony in the picture is too strong to go unnoticed. Big food corporations and bigger picture of starving childhood right in the front hits right at our guilty faces.