These 7 Unbelievable Facts From 2016 Prove That Indians Live For Food
No matter how awful this year must have been and we keep crying about it, but in terms of filling our tummies full, we did not shy away. Food is warm, food is comforting, food fills the void not just in your stomach but heart too. Zomato came up with a year review of what has been on our plates and how we have evolved as foodies. Let us have a quick view at some of the facts that will surprise you.
1. The minimum amount spent on an order was Rs. 6 and it was a ketchup sachet. The highest amount was Rs. 37,000.
2. A Zomato user from Delhi ordered food 586 times in 2016. That’s a score to be proud of!
3. Delhi leads board with more than 15, 600 restaurants in the city.
4. The country loves North Indian food (I am almost teary eyed). Chinese cuisine sits on the second spot.
5. Bongs love their food and they love to share the pictures as well. Kolkata has the largest number of picture uploads this year.
6. Here are some rib-tickling instructions given by the users to the restaurants.
7. Pizza has been the most searched food item.
Source : Zomato