Millennial Relationships Are Not Complicated, Stop Making It Tough. We Just Want Our Space!
Modern day relationships might seem complicated at ones but if you keep an open mind they are quite liberating. From the power dynamics between the couple to couple activities, everything has changed because we have grown more self-conscious and self-centred. Being self centred is not a negative virtue to associate with if you ask a rational mind. As human beings, our ‘self’ comes first; loving oneself is the first successful step towards loving someone else with all the heart. Let us take a look at how relationships function differently now:
1. We like to spend the weekends together but we need the rest of the days to ourselves.
2. We enjoy going on fancy elaborate dates and dance till we are numb but we also like to make ourselves a drink and spend an evening in our own company.
3. Exploring new things and places is fun but we will the first possible chance to go on a solo trip.
4. We love to cuddle but when I have had a rough week, we would like to stretch my body on the mother bed and snore the whole night by ourselves.
5. We love to mix with each other’s friends too but we want to spend some exclusive time with our pals reliving the old memories.
Doing things for yourself doesn’t make you selfish; it shows that you are capable of caring because you do it to yourself. You understand the need and pleasure the concept of space and self-love brings in a relationship. Be a bearer of change that keeps both of you comfortable in your personal as well as shared space.