Internet Answered Why Indians Prefer Arranged Marriage With Answers That Are Way Too Relatable
The age old debate of Love marriage vs. Arranged marriage revisits every generation. We are millennial and our love life thrive on the blessings of Tinder, Truly Madly Deeply, Happen, OKCupid etc. Lovers come and go just like these apps on our phones, and that’s what makes us wonder what this generation thinks about the archaic arranged marriage setting. Internet answered our question, and these replies from Reddit and Quora users are way too relatable.
1. “I am very glad. I would die virgin if my family refuses to marry me.”
2. “Arrange marriage is da best.. because hope is a good thing.. One hopes.. just hopes, mind u.. that they’ll get a beautiful wife, way out of their league.”
3. “It can remove the burdensome need for to be “love” the primary mover for a marriage.”
4. “You get the powers of ‘right to complain’ & ‘right to demand’ from your family. You can blame your parents for your problems.”
5. “This doesn’t happen: “I love you. I live with you. I will never leave you. But I’m not committing” WTF is that?”