I Smoke Marlboro Light And It Is Healthier Than Regular Cigarettes. I Stand With The Smoker Community!
To all those who keep repeating this one line,
Smoking costs Rs 68 lakh crore annually, in case you are waiting for “achche din”, seems like the reins are in your hands only. The economy faces a backlash due to this whopping number. Of course, you know all of these things, and you are too headstrong to get influenced by few numbers. Even though the 85% of the principal display space has been taken for a pictorial warning on every cigarette pack, your concern lies only with what’s inside.
Oh, so are you telling me that you smoke only when someone offers you a ciggi and that is rare?
You smoke lights, mild or menthol for ‘health concerns’, right?
Well, then congratulations for successfully living a myth. This bubble is about to bust.
1. You can get as much tar smoking a ‘light’ cigarette as a regular one.
2. Light cigarettes are not ‘healthier’ rather manufactured and marketed cleverly to fool people.
3. In many countries, by law, tobacco giants are not allowed to use ‘light’ or ‘mild’ as a nomenclature.
4. Being a ‘social smoker’ doesn’t rectify or minimises the risk. You are smoking, anyway, and are on your way to self-orchestrated death.
5. The tobacco companies have been aware of this myth for past 30 years, yet they chose to fool you. You have been lied and tricked into believing a myth.
Did you find this article too preachy and serious? No worries, here is something to lighten up your mood. Watch this famous journalist walking through the streets and reciting ode to smokers. He charming poetry will make you quit smoking, I bet.
Subscribe to Vipra Dialogues
Image Source: Various Anti-Smoking Campaigns From Around The World