Bangalore To Get India’s First Museum Of Music, And It Has Tuned The Right Strings Of Music Lovers
What comes to your mind when you hear the word ‘museum’? Some cold building devoid of much human interaction with artefacts older than your grandparents. Bangalore has come up with an ambitious project The Indian Music Experience (IME), the first ever experimental museum of music. It is assured that this museum will not conform to the ideal concept of a museum, as the makers are aiming to indulge and interest the maximum number of people. Here are some pointers which will give you a fair idea of this venture:
1. The building is spread in 60,000 sq ft space, it is a four-storey building sprawled across an acre of land.
2. There will be eight thematic galleries, two theatres, interactive computer-based installations and audio-video kiosks.
3. This project will take 18 months to flourish and complete.
4. It will have a Sound Garden comprising six sound installations including reeds, chimes, tubular bells, plate gongs, musical stones and chimes.
5. Visitors can step on a singing stone, sit on a musical bench, and touch a gong to create music.