10 Ways The Budget 2017 Is Going To Affect Your Lives
The budget for 2017 was released yesterday, and debates are on whether Jaitley nailed it or not. Here the 10 ways you should know how the budget is going to affect you:
1. Current tax rates of 10% has been slashed by 5% on the salary slab of Rs. 2.5L – Rs. 5L.
Image Source: Times of India
2. Train travel will get cheaper with withdrawal of service charge on tickets bought online through IRCTC.
3. By 2019, all coaches of Indian Railways will be fitted with bio-toilets.
4. 500 Railway stations will be made disabled friendly.
5. There will be dedicated trains for religious tourism.
6. The maximum cash donation a Political party can receive is of Rs 2000 from any one source. Parties to receive donations by cheque or digital mode.
7. with an increase in excise duty across the spectrum, cigarettes are going to get expensive by Rs. 4 (approximately). Pan masala, gutka and certain types of tobacco said to receive price hike by approximately Rs.10.
8. Mobile phone prices may rise, likely to be priced approximately Rs 120 higher.
9. Basic customs duty on cashew nuts has risen by 15 per cent so a bag priced at Rs 800 will now cost you at least Rs 865.
10. One crore houses for poor by 2019.